30 Facts About Me
I feel like you guys need to know a little bit more about me. And really … I just want to talk about my favourite things. So grab a cuppa, sit back and relax as you get to know me a little better.
1. I love Jesus. He is the number one man in my life! Everything I do is an overflow of the love He gives me.
2. I love being married. Choosing to love my husband, Adam. Everyday isn’t just a joy but a privilege.
3. After Sydney (because I LOVE my home city), New York is my favourite city. I would move there in a heartbeat!
4. Autumn is my favourite season. The chilly air but the sun is still so warm it’s like having a cosy blanket wrapped around you. And crunching the beautiful fire coloured leaves under your feet. Just perfection!
5. Growing up, my childhood best friend hated pink (which was my favourite colour), so I pretended to hate pink and said purple was my favourite colour because that was her favourite colour. Pink is still my favourite colour.
6. Watermelon and strawberries are my favourite fruits.
7. I hate not having my nails painted, especially my toes. I feel like nail polish is an extension of my outfit and it completes it.
8. GRAPE ZAPOS! Nothing more needs to be said.
9. Broccoli is my favourite vegetable, and I love roasting them in the oven and making them into crispy chips.
10. I wear a watch everyday and they are my favourite accessory.
11. I look forward to my morning coffee as it’s a delicious comfort. There is nothing like relaxing into your day like sipping on a good quality coffee.
12. If you’ve followed me for a little while, you would already know this … I am OBSESSED with my birthday!
13. I’m turning 30 this year.
14. 14 is my favourite number.
15. Autumn and Winter are my favourite fashion seasons. I love to layer, I love knits and beanies and jackets.
16. Chocolate is just … life.
17. I’ve lived in 17 houses in my almost 30 years of life. The longest has been in my current home Adam and I bought 1.5 years after we were married, and that was almost 6 years ago.
18. I quite enjoy reality TV. I have RHNY on in the background as I write this…
19. I much prefer a big city type of holiday to a beach/relaxation type of holiday.
20. I am not an outdoorsy type of gal. Bugs are gross, I don’t like being dirty, and I like having a proper shower.
21. I’m funny.
22. Stripes are a staple in my wardrobe (if you follow me on Insta you would already know this). I’m wearing stripes right now as I type this up.
23. I love helping girls and women discover their inner beauty through their outer beauty through beauty and fashion.
24. Anne Hathaway is my doppelganger.
25. I am really great at working retail and being a retail manager. I love inspiring my customers to love what they wear and therefore love themselves. Seeing girls and women with confidence issues leave my store actually happy and looking forward to wearing what they bought is such an amazing feeling, knowing I helped them realise that they are beautiful!
26. After dating Adam for two weeks, we both felt God speak to us and tell us separately that this was the one we would spend the rest of our lives with. The next time we saw each other we had the really scary conversation of telling each other what God had told us. But we had no reason to be scared (I was scared he wouldn’t feel the same way and therefore rejection would set in, and Adam felt really similar) because we shared the exact same thing but had no idea God was speaking to both of us around the exact same topic! 4 months into dating he proposed, 11 months later we got married, and on July 7th it’ll be 9 years since our first date!
27. One of the reasons I hate summer is because it’s too hot to wear jeans, and if I could wear jeans everyday, I would.
28. I’m a massive princess … or so Adam tells me I am. Maybe it’s because I always wait until he has just sat down on the couch and then I’ll ask him to get me a drink when he’s JUST come from the kitchen. Ooops.
29. Sunsets are one of my favourite things in the whole world. When I was a young teen I remember hearing the rhyme “Red at night, shepherds delight. Red in the morning, shepherds warning.” Which essentially means a beautiful red sunset means beautiful weather the following day, and a red sky in the morning means horrible weather is predicted for that day. Now I don’t know if it’s actually true, or just a wives tale, but it always brings comfort to my heart seeing a sherbet sky in the evening, knowing tomorrow is a new day, and it can be better than the day you’ve had. Kind of like rainbows, it is God’s promise!
30. And finally, a fact about me you need to know is… I really want to help change the world, one girl at a time. Through helping heal their hearts, building their strength and helping them discover their self worth and identity. That’s my mission, and with God as my compass, I know He will help guide the way.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better, because I sure had fun sharing it with (hello extrovert!). Leave a comment to let me know something about you! And as always, remember to Be Your Own Beautiful.